Diversity & Inclusion Policy
Sport can play a powerful role in:
- Contributing to the development of healthier communities and individuals
- Increasing social connection and shaping acceptable social norms through education
- Promoting multiculturalism and diversity through inclusive behaviours
Research shows that lower than average participation rates in some population groups, compounded by discrimination when participating in sport. It is important that Ball Magnets takes an active leadership role in supporting and encouraging diverse participation in all aspects of Football, including in coaching, Training, Playing and administrative roles.
This policy is based on
- Inclusion principles - access, participation and support
- Essence of Australian Sport principles – fair play, respect, responsibility and safety
- Requirements under anti-discrimination and equal opportunity laws
This policy promotes:
- Social and community values
- The importance of valuing both participation and competition
- A respectful approach that values difference and diversity between people
- Treatment of people with respect, dignity and courtesy
- Good behaviour on and off the field (in line with the respective leagues codes of conduct)
- Equal opportunity and a fair go for all customers, members and participants.
This policy covers all Ball Magnets areas of authority and applies to everyone involved in the activities of Ball Magnets including Directors, staff, talent, content creators, volunteers, players, coaches, administrators, parents and stakeholders.
The purpose of this policy is to help Ball Magnets take action to promote inclusion and prevent and manage problems associated with discrimination within Community Football. Our aim is to provide an environment where all people feel:
- Included in decision making
- Able to participate
- Safe and free from discrimination, bullying, harassment and vilification.
Ball Magnets embraces diversity and difference and is committed to providing healthy sporting environments that are safe, inclusive, accessible and equitable. This commitment includes a focussed approach to actively encouraging and supporting the inclusion of, people of different genders, age, ethnicity, ability, religion, income, sexuality and race in all aspects of sport in general. Our approach will be meaningful to each individual and equitable to all participants involved in Australian Rules Football.
Ball Magnets’ Commitment
Ball Magnets has adopted the following strategies to ensure its commitment to being an inclusive organisation for its employees, stakeholders and customers. Ball Magnets will:
- Actively identify and reduce barriers to participation for minority and under-represented populations
- Consult with the community groups, affiliates and make strong relationships with other organisation to facilitate inclusive practices and remove barriers to participation
- Ensure minority populations are given the opportunity to participate in all aspect of Australian Rules Football and sport in general.
- Provide opportunities for all in content creating, administrating, management and officiating positions.
- Continue to provide Member Protection training for Ball Magnets staff and affiliates
- Review processes for recruitment onto Ball Magnets subcommittees, boards, paid position, volunteer positions
- Require our members to undertake practices that actively encourage and support participation by all, ensuring diversity is recognised, respected, valued and welcomed.
APP IS NOW FREE FOR ALL USERS!
Ball Magnets is a fitness app and program, which has been designed by top AFL players to educate and inspire young players to find their edge and love the game.
Do you want to know how to train like an AFL player? Ball Magnets' educational, fitness workout app is the only place to find the secrets of how to prepare for and play the modern game, from the people that truly know - the current top AFL players.
We're more than just a regular fitness training app. Join the Ball Magnets community and receive two unique 15-minute training sessions each week, plus game-sense insights, session archives and challenges. Receive football training tips and tricks from the experts, so you can see your game improve.
Watch out for notifications that your latest session or insight has been uploaded.
The fitness programs within our workout app are designed so you can train with a partner, small group or solo. It has been designed to complement club training and give you the edge.
The Ball Magnets know that the community will be as pumped about our exclusive training plans, exclusive insight and challenges as we are.
So what are you waiting for? Download our FREE trainig and fitness app today - visit the Apple or Google Play store!
- • Two new 15 min sessions per week:
- • 1 x Footy Skills + 1 x Strength & Conditioning
- • Unique playing and training insights you won’t find anywhere else
- • Archived sessions for extra work that will give you the edge at any level
- • Regular challenges to test yourself against the best (and your team mates!)
Extra preparation and training has made our careers so successful in the AFL.
Join us and improve your game to be the best you can be.
SIGN UP NOW and Train With The Elite.
ARE YOU READY TO
TRAIN WITH THE ELITE
We’ll be in touch to let you know when you can get your hands on the App.
Send To Friend
How do AFL players train?
When it comes to training, AFL players need to go above and beyond. This means additional exercise, on top of regular team football training. Without this, they will lose their edge and not perform at their best.
Whilst general fitness sessions are necessary, it's important not to forget about the value of skills sessions. These are training sessions which are designed to improve your skillset and competence within the game itself.
Discover the ins and outs of how AFL players really train, with Ball Magnets' online fitness sessions and footy training tips.
How can we train with the players?
Each week, two online training sessions will be released. A footy skills session and a fitness session.
You can train with us by following our videos in real time and replicating what we do. Throughout our online workout sessions, we will show you the tricks of the trade to become a Ball Magnet.
Please tell me more details about the app and what it involves?
The online fitness app is your training companion. We will provide you with one footy skills session per week and one fitness session per week to do on top of your regular team football training. These sessions will incorporate professional AFL training drills and exercises, designed to improve your skillset and get you to where you need to be. This is what it takes to get the edge and is how elite AFL footballers train.
We recommend you do these footy drills in pairs or a small group so that you can do them any time, anywhere with a parent, sibling or with friends.